Frequently Asked Questions
Is my giving confidential and tax deductible?
Yes! Your giving is 100% confidential. Your name and amount do not go beyond our finance department. Your gifts are tax-deductible to the extent of the law as long as they are marked with your name and address.
Will I receive a tax receipt from Mercy Hill Church if I give a donation?
How do I know where my giving is going?
Mercy Hill Church works on a “one fund” budget. This means that every gift we receive, with an exception of giving for mission trips and support-raised staff positions, goes directly to our operating budget.
- Should Christians Tithe? by Geoff Ashley
- Managing God’s Money by Randy Alcorn
- 9 Marks of a Generous Giver by Dan Olson
- God and Money: How We Discovered True Riches at Harvard Business School by Gregory Baumer and John Cortines.
- The Money Challenge: 30 Days of Discovering God’s Design For You and Your Money by Art Rainer
- The Treasure Principle: Unlocking the Secret of Joyful Giving by Randy Alcorn
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University
- Sample Monthly Budget Tool (This is a downloadable Excel spreadsheet/fill-in tool)