Team Leaders invest not only in students, but also in their team, in order to help their team members minister effectively to students each week. Team Leaders are over a small group in MH Students where they facilitate small group discussion, ensure team members are equipped and students are engaged. In order to grow in leadership and team unity, Team Leaders are expected to attend a monthly Team Leader Coaching Meeting led by an elder at Mercy Hill, our All Leader Gatherings, which occur three times each year, and annual Community Group Leader Retreat. The Team Leader competencies are listed below. We encourage you to check out the competencies, and if you’re interested in jumping into this role, you can apply by clicking the link on this page.
Team Leader Competencies
- Facilitate Teaching and Discussion in a way that presents the gospel and engages each student.
- Ensure team is effectively implementing programming and abiding by MH Students policies and procedures
- Identify and develop emerging leaders
- Communicate with parents in a way that conveys the vision of MH Students.
- Create a culture of community within the team
Time Commitment: 3 hours each week