Today marks the beginning of the City Project for 12 Mercy Hill Students. The City Project is an eight week summer “experience” where students spend time in Greensboro, Durham, New York, and India (to name one of a few international places). In each of those locations, students will be working with missionary teams, local community ministries, and the Mercy Hill pastoral team. In order to help you pray for them this summer – here’s an abbreviated version of their schedule with prayer points that are specific to that part of the students schedule.
Today, May 27th – move in day with host families from Mercy Hill.
· Pray that students would find meaningful discipling relationships with families at Mercy Hill.
· Pray that students would see what it’s like to live out a godly marriage or godly parenting through observing and interacting with their host family.
Sunday, June 1st – Saturday, June 7th – traveling to Queens, NY.
· Pray for the many gospel conversations students will have with Muslims.
· Pray for the ministry that is going on in Queens of reaching Muslims and planting churches.
Monday, June 9th – Thursday July 3rd – ministry in Greensboro/Durham.
· Pray that students would get equipped through the various Bible/theology classes they take,
· Pray that students would make an impact in their respective community ministry.
· Pray for Spiritual growth as students study the book of Mark and meet with leaders from Mercy Hill weekly to be discipled.
· Pray that students would grow in their understanding of the importance of biblical community and would invest deeper in the life and mission of Mercy Hill Church.
Saturday, July 5th – Saturday, July 19th – international trip.
· Pray for the various countries that students will be traveling to – we’ll be sending teams to India, Serbia, Montreal, and London.
· Pray that students would see God’s mission to save people from all tribes, nations, and languages.
· Pray that God would use the students to continue planting the seed of the gospel in that respective country.
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”