We are heading into a season for our church that has every reason to be one of those times on which we look back and see that God used this particular moment as a catalyst to do tremendous things for his kingdom. To mark this period, we are beginning a new sermon series entitled Together. This series will be focused on how we should come together in generosity for the mission of God.
Here is the sermon schedule for those who want to read ahead or read along:
- October 12th and 15th—Stewarding the Gifts of God Together (Psalm 24:1-2)
- October 19th and 22nd—Sacrificing Together, Rejoicing Together (2 Corinthians 9:6-15)
- October 26th and 29th—Fueling the Mission of God Together (Philippians 4:10-19)
- November 2nd and 5th—Longing for the Glory of God Together (Habakkuk 2:14)
- November 9th and 12th—Together We Give with a Whole Heart (1 Chronicles 29)
This month, we have three sermon resources:
- Gaining by Losing – J. D. Greear
This book will be a great resource for thinking through and learning how a church that is committed to the mission of God must sacrifice greatly.
- Let the Nations Be Glad – John Piper
This is the book that people recommend when someone is looking for the theology of mission. Not only will this book help you understand the depths of what we are doing with the Together series, but it is simply just a book that we wish everyone at Mercy Hill would have read at least once. It’s fantastic.
*Note: I have several copies of this that I will be selling for $11. Email me (Alex) at email@example.com and let me know that you want to purchase one, and we will get one to you!
- The Treasure Principle – Randy Alcorn
We give this book out to all our first-time givers. If you haven’t read it yet, this series is the time to start. This is a great biblical, practical, and tiny book on personal generosity.
-Alex Nolette (Equip Coordinator/Community Groups)