Football, flannels, and pumpkin spice lattes are a sure sign that fall is finally here! Every student looks forward to October, not because of Halloween but because of FALL BREAK! I mean, who doesn’t love a few days off from school to remember life still exists outside of campus? Fall Break might be your light at the end of the midterms tunnel, but what if there was a party sending you off into break? What if I told you there might be a food truck? What if I told you MH College was hosting a Fall Break Bash?
Well, good thing I’m telling you and good thing you’re reading this because now you know. Mark your calendars, set your alarms, clear your schedule, because Thursday, October 4, is a night you won’t want to miss!
We’re bringing fall to you! Yes, you heard it right. We’re hosting the Fall Break Bash of your life, MH College style, followed by MH College Live. Basically, the most exciting send-off party just for YOU! We don’t want to say goodbye for a weekend or week without sending you out correctly, the only way we know how… with food, friends, and fun!
By now, you might be thinking to yourself, “This is great. I can’t wait for this.” If that’s you, which I know it’s all of you, then I’ve got some instructions:
- Tell ALL your friends. I know you’ve got a roommate or a classmate or a partner for Chemistry lab that is dying to come. They just don’t know it yet. TELL THEM.
- Pack your car. Literally. Pack it. If you’ve got an empty seat, I won’t be mad. Only disappointed.
- Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT eat dinner! Bring your appetite because you will be heartbroken if you don’t have room for a candy apple or some corn on the cob. You don’t like corn on the cob? That’s ok! Word is we might have a coffee truck, and I know every college student loves them some coffee.
- Bring out all the plaid. Don’t have any? Stop by your local Goodwill or Salvation Army and go thrifting!
- This one’s for my ladies: There will be a photo spot! I’m talking hay bales, blankets, and some cute pumpkins for added effect. If that’s not the perfect spot for a fall photo, I just don’t know what will be!
- Prepare to hear from one of the most influential pastors in the country. He has spoken to thousands of college students over the years, written several books, and the founder of the network of churches that we’re a part of: Pastor J.D. Greear.
- Lastly, just come. It’s going to be a sweet night, celebrating both the beginning of fall and the greatness of our King together as the body of Christ before all of your Fall Breaks begin.
We don’t want you to miss out on this exciting night planned for you and all of our MH College family! So, do whatever you need to do to get yourself here!
I want to see all of your wonderful faces there, so don’t let me down. Well, that’s all I’ve got my friends. Get hype, be pumped, and don’t forget to BE THERE!
Thursday, October 4 at 6:30 pm, Mercy Hill Church- Clifton Rd. Campus. Fall Break Bash and MH College Live to follow.
-Rilee Blackwell (College Resident)