#Finalszn is upon us. You’re about to enter into a time of chaos, and you know exactly what it’s going to look like. For many of you, you might even have a physical reaction to upcoming finals—increased blood pressure, sleepless nights. You think to yourself, “It’s just 7-10 days. I can do anything for 7-10 days. It’ll all be over after that.” You’re wrong. You can’t do anything, especially finals, for 7-10 days and make it through unscathed. Whether you realize it or not, you’re going to need a break.
Maybe you’re thinking to yourself, “She doesn’t know me. I can totally handle this.” You can’t. You might be in denial for a while, but finals will hit you, and they will hit you hard. So, here are ten signs that you need a study break:
1. You haven’t showered in several days.
2. You can’t remember the last time you slept for more than three hours.
3. You have been sitting in the exact same spot for eight or more hours.
4. You’re averaging at least five cups of coffee a day.
5. It feels as if your eyeballs are being stabbed by 1,000 tiny swords.
6. You have a sudden urge to clean everything.
7. You’ve cried more in one week than in the entire last year.
8. Your wardrobe now only consists of sweats.
9. You’ve calculated the lowest grades you can get to pass your classes.
10. God rested on the seventh day, so you need to rest. It’s a command.
You’re probably guilty of at least three of these. Don’t let finals get the best of you. When you start experiencing these, TAKE A BREAK. But don’t just take any break. Take a break with us. Go ahead and put it in your schedule.
- When: December 2, 2018 5:00-6:30 pm (before MH College Live)
- Where: Clifton Rd. Campus, 3815 Clifton Road, Greensboro, NC 27407
There will be cookies, coffee, popcorn, cornhole, and live-streamed football. Ugly Christmas sweaters are highly encouraged. Put down your books, and take a break. We’ll see you there!
-Greta (College Team)